Dental implants have been successfully used for over 30 years and have oftentimes eliminated the use for partial plates and dentures. This titanium “root” can be placed into the jawbone to support a crown, bridge or secure a complete denture. With the functionality and feel of natural teeth, dental implants are now the standard for replacing missing ones.
Why dental implants? They have plenty of benefits that can result in a happier, healthier and more beautiful smile. They have been known to:
- Eliminate the need to “cut down” neighboring teeth to make a bridge.
- Maintain your jawbone structure.
- Feel and function like natural teeth.
- Not rely on other teeth for support.
- Replace partial plates and may be used to secure loose dentures.
- Be cleaned and flossed like natural teeth.
The Bicon implant system is comprised of a bacterially sealed, 1.5-inch locking taper connection. This component makes up the implant and provides a solid base for a permanent crown or removable denture. The Bicon Design provides a better surface area than most other implants, enabling the use of a shorter implant that often negates the need for a bone-grafting procedure.
3M™ ESPE™ MDI Mini Dental Implants
3M™ ESPE™ MDI Mini Dental Implants are generally completed in one-to-two visits. There is no waiting time for the bone to heal and, in many cases, the patient walks out with their dentures secured that same day.
3M™ ESPE™ MDI Mini Dental Implants implants were developed in order to provide greater denture stability for patients who:
- Cannot withstand the rigors of conventional dental implant surgery.
- Do not have enough done to allow full-sized implants to be placed.
- Are in ongoing therapy from one prosthetic system to another.
Full Arch Implants
Depending on your dental treatment, full arch implants may be necessary and are placed to accept a full arch of teeth. They are removable, yet function like a full set of normal teeth.
When a tooth is missing or extracted, a single implant procedure may be done. With this procedure, a custom-fabricated crown is placed, leaving you with a realistic and functional-looking substitute.
Multiple teeth implants may be needed to permanently replace an extracted or lost tooth. Several custom realistic and functional-looking teeth will be placed so you can be smiling in no time!